I am going to spend all of five minutes not ignoring the blog to tell you how I really am ignoring the blog.
I’ve just about wrapped up Act One of the current novel which I’ve just decided I’m going to code name Minute. That’s the punk rocker godpunk novel for those who have been paying attention. Right now I’m knee deep in a update of my working outline. I’ve made some changes to the protag’s behavior based off of feedback from my first chapter. She’s less of a loaner now and it has caused ripple effects that have screwed up my outline real bad. I’ve also added a whole additional character. It’s for the better, otherwise I wouldn’t do it. But I was getting bogged down pretty bad without having the outline to work with.
On top of all that, last night I wrote a synopsis for the novel that’s going to come after Minute, code named Six. A while back, I drafted a short story starring the protag of Six. I finally figured out the set up for a novel’s worth of plot so I wrote it all down before I forgot it.
All those novel words take priority over the blog. I do have a laundry list of topics I plan on blogging about when I do magically find the time. They include…
- Non-book inspirations to my writing
- Checking in on the careers of authors that debuted around the time I started this blog
- An interview with at least one author I’m not naming because I haven’t asked yet
- Kameron Hurley’s Mirror Empire because it’s good and will be important to the genre
- A group interview about writing with kids what since I write and have a tiny human
That’s all. Back to ignoring the blog.